Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Halter Dress Knock-Offs

A client brought me a discontinued dress made by a major label and asked me to copy it. I've now made three copies of this dress, which is fully-lined and has a back 18" zipper. There are darts at the bustline and on the sides (both the dress and the lining). The hem on the lining is a rolled hem; the hem on the dress is serged and turned under. It's an extremely flattering dress for all shapes, and (if I can figure out a way to speed up the process!) I may start taking orders for custom sizes. I bought material to make a couple for myself! In Bloomingdales, this dress would cost around to $300. I can do this for $150.

The original dress...



MY KNOCK-OFFS:

In a leopard print...



In a floral print...


In polka-dots...

2 comments:

Amy said...

how fun!
you've done a nice job!
ready for the red carpet

mathteacher1729 said...

You are quite the multi-talented woman! I hope all is goin' well!