Sunday, February 1, 2009

New and exciting things in the pipeline...

It's interesting...I've been hired to do a lot of "prototypes" lately, for budding DIY entrepreneurs. I think this is a sign of the times.

I had to actually sign a confidentiality agreement for one of these items (so I can't divulge what the product is), but suffice it to say that I believe this gentleman is going to sell a kazillion of them. ( Hopefully!!) It's really fun to be on the ground level of a brand new idea and contribute to its structure and design.

When it's out and in distribution, I'll post some photos....

Also, I've been working on doll clothes for another client - again, a very different idea, and really adorable. I'll post when the clothes are finished. I'd like to help these guys, anyway I can.

On yet a THIRD note, I was approached by a graphics designer at Dreamworks to help her with a charity project for the people of Ghana. I'm really excited about this. I'll be working with indigenous materials from Africa to create grocery and wine tote bags. All proceeds will go to a vocational training center in Ghana. She and I are getting together next weekend to exchange materials and get started.

Wouldn't it be great if I could do this for a living? (sigh......)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Laura that is really wonderful! someday I can say I have a famous blogger friend